Saturday, December 17, 2005

2008 Olympics


Beijing is hosting the olympics in 2008. It's a pretty big deal in Beijing. I think everyone told me about it like 3 times. They are pretty proud of the fact that the city gets to host the olympics. I don't know how they will deal with Traffic. There are certain times of day where the trafic is imposssible.

And car ownership is expected to almost double in the next 10 years. So, we are talking a lot of cars. But I think Beijing is doing a good job on getting ready. You know it's popular when there are street vendors selling stocking hats with beijing 2008 and the olympic rings. When the copycats start making it here in China it must be half-way cool.

I was talking to an american couple when I first got to the city and they were saying that the Olympic commitee told the beijing officials to slow their building process down. They were way ahead of schedule and they wanted the facilities to look brand new for the games.

So this is me in front of the countdown clock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home