Monday, March 14, 2005

Acceptance of the film

Well, I just got word that my documentary about the People of la Espiga and our project just got accepted to the Arizona International Film Festival. I was pumped when I found out. This is the email that they sent me:

Dear Brooks:

We are pleased to inform you that QUE VIVAN LOS PEPENADORES 

has beenselected to screen at the 2005 Arizona International
Film Festival (April 14-24).

Please confirm your participation and exhibition
format (mini-dv) as soon as possible. This will allow us
to schedule your film accordingly and notify you of
your screening slot at the festival.

Please correspond to azfilmfest@yahoo.com -- this
e-mail address will allow you easy access to the
programming staff.

Please also notify us if you are planning to attend
the festival so that we can help facilitate your
visit.

Please keep us informed of the status of your

post-production. Please send press materials

and photos to: AzFilmFest, 127 East Congress
Tucson, AZ 85701.

Congratulations and we look forward to your
participation in Festival 2005.

Giulio Scalinger
Festival Director


I am working on a much more in depth documentary that addresses the issues of poverty on a wider scale. I submitted "Que Vivan los Pepenadores" as a very rough cut with no music, subtitles, narration and I knew that the visual content was really good but, I wasn't really quite sure about the rest. I really didn't expect it to get accepted. the festival has submissions from all over the world and a ton of entrants from around the country.

I'm thrilled for the oppurtunity. It'll be a lot of fun for sure.

check out their website

www.azmac.org

and click on the film festival icon.

i'll keep you posted on how that goes and how the whole experince is.

It's right before Todd's (my brother) wedding and finals for school It's going to be a very wild week.



Until next time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]zWAiqWdh[/url] , lLiVRlNtXUap - http://hhmgziigpu.com

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home