Friday, January 02, 2009

vampires are cool?

So my wife and I saw Twilight over Thanksgiving for my sister in law's birthday.

Vampires are cool. Vampires in love not as cool, but i can't knock it I guess. Some people are into romantic vampires. So over the break we went to Hawaii for Christmas. Cristi decided she wanted to read the books, since we saw the movie it grabbed her attention.

Well she knocked out 3 volumes while we were there. Yes we made 2 trips to Borders so she could buy it. Meanwhile, Brooks reading a historic book on Lincoln "Team of Rivals" is still working on it. When books start getting thicker than the bible i sometimes get demotivated to read, even if its good, I like to read, just mostly shorter books like magazines, do those count. I can read an article and be done in 15 mins and have a good story done with. I actually read an article on Twilight. It's about a girl who falls in love with a vampire. Sorry if I spoiled it for you. I read that in 10 mins and know the whole premise. Saved myself like 2 years of my life.

Now she's filled me in on the story and it sounds interesting. So, that is the other way that I save time. Have someone else read a book that i'm interested in and then just have them tell me about it. i just still can't get over vampires and romance. I think of the count off sesame street when i think of vampires not so much love. So i've posted some pics of Cristi on vacation and a sweet vampire pic as well.

Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Harley King said...

This is hilarious. Seriously, the funniest post I've read about Twilight.

No, you didn't spoil the ending. Telling me the vampire-in-love dies at the end, that would have ruined it for me.

He does die, right? They always die, right?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Cristi said...

Okay I just came upon this blog about ME! Here are my comments.

#1. Don't knock it till you try it. You just may secretly love it.
#2. You didn't finish reading your book because you just weren't that into it....as for me...I read 4 bible sized books totally over 2,400 pages in 1 and 1/2 weeks. Size doesn't matter.
#3. Vampires are hot.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home