Sunday, July 10, 2005

Mellow Yellow's last ride?


Well after having all the work done on the engine I took Mellow Yellow out for a test run. She died on me and I had to enlist the help of Ean and Mike to get some pushing help. Then I found out the starter was bad so that had to be replaced and after I was driving it around checking out how it was running I hit a speed bump and heard a loud thump. Then the motor accelerated and I tried to down shift and the shifter stuck. What was going on? I thought I had lost the clutch. I finally got the engine to stop and hopped out to see what had happened.

I looked down at the rear of the car and the engine was partially sitting on the ground. Not good. Some cops drove by and laughed and said that's not good in spanish. So, long story short the mechanics who but the engine back in didn't bolt it down. And I had to get a tow truck to haul it home. So, we will shortly see if they honor their 6 month gaurantee. I'll keep you posted. i just hope that it's not Mellow Yellow's last ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home